Thursday, October 21, 2010

Workin' On It

I've felt the same emotions over and over again,
I try to dissect and comprehend the issues,
Yet I still tend to end up at Square 1,
However, a promise is a promise,
And I will do my best to fulfil it.

Challenges will arise,
We shall not criticize, contempt,
Nor be defensive, or stonewall
At least I will try my best to remember that.
And work on it.

Am awaiting the sunshine that will brighten our day,
I know this day will come...many times...

You always hurt the one you love, 
the one you should not hurt at all;
You always take the sweetest rose, 
and crush it till the petals fall;
You always break the kindest heart, 
with a hasty word you can't recall;
So if I broke your heart last night, 
it's because I love you most of all.
~The Mills Brothers


No comments: