Sunday, October 3, 2010

Whisked!

What a weekend this was! From baju kurungs to rainy nights, early starts and late makan sessions...most importantly, the company I had. Meaningful conversations this week which made me think about relationships and it's dynamics. As humans, we have different communication styles. For example, I probably would go "mmm...ok....yeah....sure..." if I do agree with something. Some others would go "YEAH! and blablablablablabla....." And the way we communicate, does affect the dynamics of the relationship one way or the other.

However, just remember the Golden Rule : Treat others the way you want to be treated...and we'll all be fine! :) Sometimes, you need to drop your ego and just say "Sorry, I made a mistake" (and MEAN IT!). Happy thoughts people :)

BTW, I went to a Malay wedding dinner last night and I realised I was the only Chinese woman in a baju kurung. The other Chinese women were wearing tube dresses, aunty dresses and one piece dresses. Wonder why don't they wear baju kurung?...hmm.... I felt like a popiah last night in the baju kurung! Getting into the car was kinda...erm...challenging... Haha!

This weekend, I was whisked away............


2 comments:

Julia Tan said...

Guilty for the 'blablablablablablablabla' part. Hah!

LynnX said...

HAHAHAH!!! Hey that's what's wonderful about! The courage to speak up and speak OUT!

:)