Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What Is CrossFit?

Life.

Provider of basic movements, skills and strength to lead a movable life - even when you are 60 years old.

Think of the time
  •  you had to climb over your gate because you forgot your keys
  • you had to push a car/vehicle because the spark plug failed/no gas/punctured tyre
  • you offered to carry someone's groceries because they were struggling
  • you wanted to chase after someone, but your breathlessness and leg strength failed you

The CrossFit methodology covers the 10 general aspects of fitness:
  • strength
  • stamina
  • cardiovascular fitness
  • balance
  • agility
  • power
  • speed
  • accuracy
  • flexibility
  • coordination

I CrossFit because I want to keep my muscles and joints supple and movable. I want to learn how to improve my movements and my life activities. I CrossFit because I am thirsty for knowledge. I CrossFit because I want to help others help themselves.

My intention for you, is to identify and maximize your physical and mental abilities to be better than your current self. I coach you to help you help yourself be better than now. So you can stand proudly on your own two feet and say, "YES! I DID IT!"  

I coach because I care.

I want you to be better than you already are. Not just physically fitter, also mentally prepared for the unknown. If there's something new, please tell me, "I'll do my best". If there's something that you dislike, ask yourself, "How can I improve?" If there's something you need me to know, say, "Hey, I need you to know this."


Annie Sakamoto
5'0, 115lbs, 35yrs old.
155lbs Clean & Jerk

It ain't about the size of the fighter, it's the size of the fight. You may be small and tiny, but keep your heart big and strong. Fearless. Courageous. I'll always keep that light shining bright for you. 

Keep moving. Keep breathing hard. Keep fighting for what you feel right.

If you asked me, what is CrossFit? My answer would be "Life".


"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."

Pope Paul VI



No comments: